Monday, December 2, 2013

Week 6 (November 22 - 28, 2013)

Rather than breaking down each week – let me just say that I have been busy! 

 Christmas Gift #1 COMPLETED!



I crocheted a cozy blanket using Red Heart yarn.  As much as I hate acrylic, it does have its place in a blanket that will be washed over and over again!  This blanket will hold up for many years to come.


 
I didn’t follow a pattern, but I did this basic sequence:
Row 1: Double crochet every stitch, back loop only
Row 2: Single crochet every stitch, front loop only
Row 3: Double crochet every stitch, back loop only
Row 4: Single crochet every stitch, front loop only
Row 5: Double crochet every stitch, back loop only
Row 6: Skip stitch, triple crochet in next two stitches, triple crochet in skipped stitch, repeat

The edging was from a pattern:
http://www.yarnspirations.com/pattern/crochet/peacock-feathers-afghan

I am making this Peacock Feathers afghan for another person of the same household and I thought that having the same edging on both blankets would be a nice touch.
 
Until the next project...

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment