Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 RTW Fast

 
That’s right!  I have vowed not to buy ready-to-wear clothing between the dates of January 1 and December 31, 2014.  Of course there are a couple of exceptions – shoes, socks, and underwear can be purchased.

To tell the truth, it’s not like I usually purchase a lot of clothes throughout the year anyway.  A couple years ago, I tried on EVERYTHING in my closet and only kept the items that I truly loved to wear and had a spectacular fit.  It was hard letting go of certain items because I knew how much I spent on them or because I felt like I got such a great deal, but in the end it was TOTALLY worth the pain.  I may have fewer clothes, but I never have a time when “I have nothing to wear.”  My closet now only has things I love to wear.  And when I go shopping now, if the fit isn’t 100% right, I don’t buy it.  So, the end result is that I buy fewer items, but they get worn a lot more.
Furthermore, I am adding a couple of additional limitations to my RTW Fast.

1.      I will complete at least one “NEW” wearable garment per month.

2.      I will complete at least one “UFO” wearable garment per month (unless I have none remaining – haha!)

3.      I will not spend more than $1000 in total during 2014 to compete the garments.  (This does not include anything already in my “stash”, but does include anything I purchase to complete UFO projects as well as new ones.)
Don’t forget to check out some of the other 2014 RTW Fasters as well!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment